5 Ways to Create a Powerful PR Plan
The purpose of a media campaign is to promote you and your work. There are many media tools you can use to communicate your message: social media, newspapers, e-newsletters, radio, podcasts and more.
With so many options – where do you start and how do you use the media tools to ensure you receive positive results?
As a PR Media Communications Specialist, I have some tips to help you enhance your reputation.
Creating a media campaign to promote your work is easier than you think so here are 5 key areas to help you create a powerful PR plan:
One: What is your aim & objective?
- Do you want to get more followers and likes on your social media pages?
- Do you want to be known as a household name in your profession and industry?
- Do you want to engage with your clients and customers to open up communication channels and platforms?
Two: What is your key message?
- What do you want to say and what is the simplest way to say it?
- What nugget of knowledge do you want your audience to know?
- For example your business has a new chosen charity and you are planning fundraising activities
Three: Who is your target audience?
- How much do you know about the person who will see or hear your message?
- What are the lifestyle choices, interests and buying habits of your target audience? What call to action can you give, so they engage with your key messages?
- Do you address the target audience with suitable language?
Four: What media communication platforms do you use or would like to use?
- What media coverage have you tried before – perhaps newspaper advertising or leaflet drops?
- What media platforms would you like to use and understand more – perhaps do some research or arrange training.
- What has worked well and how could you improve it?
Five: How will you measure success?
- Analysing participation and interaction can give you a good insight in to the effectiveness of your campaign – for example do your followers share the social media posts? Keep an eye on the statistical data that will prove the success or challenges with your campaign.
- Can you advertise your product or service with a special offer and see how many people redeem the deal?
- Consider using numerical data to analyse the number via social media
If you would like to discuss creative treatments and ideas for your media campaign – get in touch and we would be happy to explain more. Email Louise@Soundbitemedia.co.uk